Who Uses Envirotxt?
Envirotxt is used in many industries and applications for example; Holiday Homes, Hydroponics & Aquatics, Utilities, Food Manufacturing, Healthcare, Marine, Pharmaceuticals and other industries. It can be used for power loss of fridges/freezers, monitoring temperature of perishables, looking after the elderly in winter, monitoring the power of any critical equipment, temperature and power monitoring of IT/Comms equipment. Envirotxt is used for new applications all the time.
Second Homes/Holiday Homes – Envirotxt gives peace of mind for second homes or holiday homes, power loss and temperature are extremely important for unoccupied properties e.g. for fridge/freezers, alarm systems and frozen pipes.
Marine – Boat owners use Envirotxt to alert for shore power loss and potential freezing temperatures to prevent engine damage.
Pharmaceutical – Envirotxt can be used to monitor refrigeration so the user receives a text alert when the temperature goes too high/low and also if there is a power outage. Envirotxt sends the information in real time to prevent stock and financial losses.
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Also supplied with external temperature sensor with 1m cable
- Temperature range: -10 to +50°C
- No WiFi or Internet connection required
- Real time power loss text message alert (e.g. Alert! Mains Power Lost!) and power restored
- Real time temperature text message alert (e.g. Temperature Alert! Current Temp Reading: 2)
- Low and High temperature alerts
- Rapid temperature rise alert (e.g. for a fire)
- No installation and simple set up. Simply plug in & send a text to Envirotxt from your mobile phone
- Temperatures are user programmable (choose the temperature you want to be alerted at)
- Up to 5 phones can receive text message alerts
- External temperature sensor can be extended by another 2m
- No lithium battery – uses capacitance to send alerts
- UK plug & EU plug versions available
What SIM/network should I use?
Envirotxt needs a SIM card to operate. You can use off the shelf PAYG (pay as you go) SIMs. Envirotxt can only communicate by 2G text message and as it’s a mobile network dependant product we recommend you use the mobile network with the strongest signal where you intend to use Envirotxt.
What are the approximate running costs?
As Envirotxt only sends SMS’s (text messages) the running costs are extremely low, most text messages are approximately 12p-14p so £10 of credit would last over a year even if you had a several power outages a month.
1) Any network can be used except digital-only networks such as the Three Network
2) If you choose to use a PAYG SIM please ensure you send a command to Envirotxt every few weeks/once a month (for example a temperature status request). If the SIM card is not used for several months OFCOM can sometimes force the mobile operator to take the mobile number back.
3) The device does not contain dangerous lithium batteries (Envirotxt uses ‘capacitance’ to store enough energy to send text alerts when the mains power is lost).